Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yesterday's Inane SMS Conversation with S.

I routinely send S. bizarre text messages. Random messages with absolutely no context. This is how yesterday's set went:

Jona: I wish I had D.'s vanity. T.'s hold on P. (T's husband). E.'s confidence in love stuff. Carlson.

[Note to reader: Carlson is S.'s 2 year old son.]

S.: Stop. All you want from me is Carlson?
J: Um, yes.
S. Grrr....
J: Ok, I will bite. What other things should I want from you?

[Phone ringing]

J: Hello?
S: I cannot believe that all you want from me is Carlson?! What if I were single? You'd want nothing from me?
J: [Silence]
S: I hate you! Now go think of 5 things you want from me. Ok, goodbye.
J: Ok, goodbye. (See August 16, 2006 post re usage of "Ok, goodbye.")

I've thought about it, and here are the five things I want from S.:

1. I wish I had S.'s desire to improve herself. And improve by getting rid of bad behavior, not just by acquiring new skills.
2. I wish I had S.'s sensibility.
3. I wish I had S.'s patience with Photoshop and new things in general.
4. I wish I had S.'s capacity to read really fast.
5. I wish I had S.'s dreams.

No comments: