Thursday, January 11, 2007

Prevailing Thoughts

I've been busy worrying about bird flu. Today I read on CNN that China reported its first (yeah right, and our junior softball players are under 12) human case of avian flu in months.

Shit. Does this mean I can't eat duck?

Does this mean that HK will be the way it was when SARS hit? Because if that's the case, I will (a) die BUT (b) get a huge discount off my rent.

If I eat only beef, doesn't that increase my chances of mad cow? Only fish, mercury poisoning? Only vegetables, e-colai and amoebeasis? And why am I still eating anyway? I thought that was my new year's resolution.

Why do people say "cull" when they mean slaughter animals?

What does "free range" chicken really mean?

Why do they call the virus "H5N1"? Really, where's your imagination, people? The guys in 14th century Europe thought up "The Black Death". We've put a man on the moon and all we can come up with is H5N1?!

As E. would say, "Anobuh."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget red tide for seafood and foot-and-mouth disease for pork.

Mmm.... pork....

Jona said...

Geeves, we'll always have fried beef fat.