Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On being a southpaw

I read somewhere that the world is "updside down" if you're left handed. I mean no disrespect to the guy that wrote that, but I have to disagree. I've just never felt that way.

Sure golf clubs are made funny, and those writing desks in college are the other way around, but apart from a few things like that, the world is pretty much the same for a lefty.

I guess it helps that I am sort of ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, but twirl pens on my right. I play darts and bowl with my right arm. Throw balls with my right hand. I eat with a fork on my right as well (or on the left if I need a knife). I stir food while cooking with my right hand. I also favor my right arm when I go boxing. I serve volleyballs and food with my right. Deal cards with my right. I text with my left, but use my right hand when using a calculator.

Ok fine, so maybe I'm not left-handed at all. I'm a right handed person that just happens to write with my left hand.

No comments: