Friday, January 05, 2007

Jona the Domestic Goddess

With the 16th anniversary of my 16th birthday coming up, I've decided to throw a party.

And for all you mathematically impaired, I am NOT turning 256.

Theme is "see and gawk at my flat" while you sip cheap wine and eat chips, salami, brie and whatever else I feel like buying. With the guest list it could also be Chinese Filipino friendship day.

A long time ago, I would throw these really good parties. Well, they really weren't all that good. I was just younger, and when you're 18, good party means free beer.

My definition of a good party is still lots of good booze, but now I also need passable music, conversation, an endless supply of pica pica, and a pristine bathroom.

Last night I schlepped over to the deli for good old fashioned overpriced salami, to go with the grocery bought wine. I am exceedingly confident in my skills as host: I invited a dozen people to come over.

God I hope they come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to come! I like coming!

Jona said...

Imagine all of them coming at once!