Friday, August 18, 2006

Movie Fatigue

Since I've been on forced vacation, I've seen about 50 movies, give or take a few. That's approximately 5 movies a week. At the start it was addictive. I couldn't wait to get through one film and jump to the next. It was like a game: how many movies can I watch a day? (I think at my peak I saw 5 in one day.) I had themes: multi-plot line movies, French movies, biopics.

But now though, I think I've developed movie fatigue. I can't seem to get through one without stopping in the middle to do some inane task, like rearranging my sock drawer. It's like I should be doing something else apart from killing time watching a movie.

I think my attention span has shrunk to that of a dog's. Can't seem to read long passages either. I hope the movie fatigue goes away soon though. With almost all my pre-departure errands completed, I don't know what else there is to do.

No comments: