Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Birthday R.

I've known R. since I was 12. We went to high school together. She lent me money, I shared my fish fillet lunch. We planned complete world domination at 14.

We went to college together. On her 18th birthday, I made 18 people (classmates, her boyfriend, some strangers) give her pink roses throughout the day. She organized my surprise hawaiian debut.

I went to law school, she went to work. I went to graduate school, so did she. I got qualified in New York, she planned a wedding. I started teaching law, she started playing mommy. We are so different now and yet still the same.

Tonight I'm having dinner at her parent's house in San Juan. We'll play with her daughter, K., talk about my new job and plan Phase 6 of complete world domination.

No comments: