Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chummy Chum Chum

I had dinner with Chum last night. We went to this place called Lemuria in Horsehoe Village. Very chic, very expensive, very Chum.

We used to be inseperable, Chum and I. But time passes and things change. I moved away for a while, we both left the Perm (my old law firm). After almost daily contact for 2 years (countless movies, dozens of vacations and mini-breaks), we did not speak for two years. Oddly, we did not seem to miss each other.

Lately though, I've been spending time with Chum again. She prepped me for my interview with the Feerm (my new law firm) and nagged me to get on a plane the day before my interview. Stupid me, I had planned to take the first flight out at 6 in the morning of the big day. She pointed out (by yelling at me) that that would mean to show up for a 10am interview, I needed to get up at 3am.

Chum looks out for me, and for that I am very grateful.

Before I walked into my interview, I promised her an exorbitant dinner anywhere in Manila if I got the job. And I did. She picked Lemuria, which was just as well. I'd been meaning to try it since it opened in June.

The verdict: the food overpriced; the wine passable; the company fantastic.

No comments: