Thursday, August 31, 2006

Leap Year

When I was in high school, I overheard fellow Camper K. talking to A. A. was a popular kid, the daughter of a politician. A was a nice girl, but let's just say she was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

What you are about to read is entirely factual. I am making none of this up. My name is Jona, not James Fray. (And if you don't believe me, ask K.)

A: K, is today really your birthday?
K: Yes, it's today, August 31.
A: Oh really?! That's so cool! Happy birthday!
K: Thanks!
(Awkward silence)
A: I have a question though.
K: Yep?
A: What do you do during those years when there's no 31 in August?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is "K"...yes, it this really happened in high school. not in these exact words, but this IS a true story. jona doen not lie, at least not in this particular blog entry :) i thought i was being nice by saying (in my own blog) "itago na lang natin sya sa pangalang Axxxxx." but noooooo...jona here had to say she is a daughter of a politician! LOL! well, it's true, again, jona does not lie.