Thursday, December 07, 2006

Taking care of me

I hated it in New York, I hate it now.

I hate taking care of me.

Jona needs to be fed twice a day, needs a daily dose of caffeine, needs to be brought to the office, brought back home. Someone needs to get her that French shampoo she likes. The Chinese beer she will want at the most random of hours. She needs someone to balance the checkbook, someone to talk to building administration. She needs someone to buy her groceries, pick up her laundry, buy her rice from that place down the street. She needs someone to plan her vacations, make dentist appointments, spa reservations. Someone needs to constantly (and I mean constantly) engage her mind.

In Manila, L. cooked, MA. did the laundry, E. drove me around. Mom handled the money, the groceries. R. got me dinner and spa reservations. I had dozens of friends to keep me entertained (M4 and MD alone could keep me on my toes for hours.)

Now it's all up to me. It is exhausting.

I hate taking care of Jona.

No comments: