Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nobody knows

Grey's Anatomy opens with Psapp's "Nobody knows". The chorus goes, "Nobody knows where they might end up."

If someone told me this time last year that I'd be out of the The Perm, based in Hong Kong and working for The Firm, I'd tell that someone that he or she was a fool.

The Firm doesn't hire from Manila. They hire from New York. I had my chance at BigLaw after the LL.M. but the market was bad; there were no jobs so I went back home. No problem. Life is like that. You roll with the punches.

But as it turned out, they did hire from Manila. They hired the kid with the 3 year old LL.M. and a dusty framed certificate from the NY bar tucked in her closet.

So now I sit in an over-priced apartment watching DVDs and eating ice cream.

Nobody knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as an FYI, I think the title of that Psapp song is "Cosy in the Rocket." :)

Jona said...

That's not what my DBD copy says!

LOL! :)

Thanks Geeves! See you and the Kamster next week.