Friday, December 01, 2006

Statistician's Wet Dream

I have a site meter embedded in this blog. It not only tracks site traffic, it predicts site traffic and generates all sorts of charts and graphs for me to better know my audience. I know how long the average visit is to my site are (38 seconds). And the days with the highest traffic (Sundays).

Every week the guys who run the site meter send me detailed reports: entry pages, exit pages, reference pages, number of pages viewed per visit. To think I've only told exactly 5 people about this site. And of the 5, only 3 read it regularly. (Thank you Monster, g-r, and A!)

I have regular anonymous readers. There's someone in Canada, another in Benguet who click in every couple of days. Hello person from Canada and person from Benguet. You are readers 6 and 7.

According to my trusty site meter, given the traffic over the last week, I will get over 350 hits next month. About 100 of them will be my own.

Google gets tens of millions of hits a day.

God I can feel the money from the ads pouring in.

No comments: