Monday, December 04, 2006

The one thing I miss the most


I miss my car. I really really miss my car.

I miss the mobility. I never really went anywhere, but just knowing I could, at any time, just pack up and drive to Davao by ro-ro, that made me feel free.

Also, the damn car was SO COOL. I drove a Ford Escape and while it was rarely the best car on the lot, it was almost always the coolest one. There's a lot of pride (read: teenage self-satisfaction) about having the coolest car in the lot (at 30). Even if the lot is just the tiny basement of your office building.

I miss the sound the doors makes when I hit the lock button 18 times before I leave it. I miss the 14 built-in cupholders (how many cupholders does one need? A lot, apparently). I miss looking at the rear view mirror and seeing the CU sticker which always makes me think of New York for a second.

God I miss my car.

No comments: