Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fast Forward

When I feel like writing and have nothing to say about my current state of affairs, I blog about future events. I imagine what a certain day will be like (today it was moving day) and then I draft (God that sounds geeky) a few paragraphs about it. I don't publish these posts immediately. I actually wait for the day to occur, tweak the language for accuracy, then publish (God I am such a geek).

I wouldn't call it cheating, no. It's more like preparing. Preparing for what I'm not too sure.

Advance posting is cool, but somewhat bizarre. You get to write about an event that has not actually occurred, so you don't have strong emotions about it; you can be "objective", in a really weird and twisted way. It also feels like fiction, since you're making stuff up as you go along, but not, since you eventually do the things you write about, so it's very deja vu-ish when you actually heave that heavy suitcase down the hall.

You also get to tell yourself how you hope/wish/think/anticipate things will turn out. Sometimes you get what you want, most times things are not as interesting or exciting. Then you go back and re-write or revise, depending how your day went. You tell yourself what you want out of life by writing about it, live life, then write about again, this time after going through an experience. It's like being your own therapist.

Bizarre, diba?

No comments: