Friday, November 17, 2006

Why I Don't Like Clubs

I don't like clubs or other forms of social aggrupations because they're artificial. In real life there's family, friends and people you know from work. Period. There is no real life equivalent to a fellow Rotarian or a fraternity "brother". That's just made up.

And people make it up (I think) because they lack the social interaction other people have in real life. Which is really sad (no judgement), but I guess you can't blame them for wanting to reach out to others. Sniff. Sniff.

I'm not dissing hobbyists. These guys group together because they all like one thing. Comic books, drama, porcelain dolls that freak me out, etc. Whatever floats your boat I say. You're a 38 year old male and like collecting toys and wanna reach out to fellow 38 year old men who enjoy sniffing new plastic dolls as well... well, um.... as N. likes to say, "Congrats".

Then there are the civic minded do-gooders. We all love the poor. Yeah right. You all want to network and expand your social circles. Please. Spare me.

Why can't people live standard social lives (like me). There's family. Some you hate, some you love. There are your friends. Most you love. Then there are people from work. Most you hate. Isn't that enough? Where do you Lion guys find the time? There are only 24 hours in a day. And if you have the 4 hours it takes to drive and go to one of these meetings, well...

I envy you.

No comments: