Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I am on a diet

It is called, for-the-love-of-Christ-Jona-stop-eating-too-much diet. You wouldn't guess it, but I named it myself.

I've been on an eating spree the last month. There were those two weeks in Manila, and then when I got back, more eating with visitors: first Joe, then Kuz, then L. and V. If the actual food intake doesn't get me (i.e. Kuz does not eat), the imbibement of coupious amount of alcoholic beverages will.

This madness has to stop.

I decided to start on Monday which is a good mental starting point. I considered holding off until December 1 (Thursday) since the start of the month would be a more distinct mental starting point than the start of a mere work week, but I kept my focus and started yesterday. Because that's just the kind of disciplined, all about business chick that I am.

They say that writing out what you eat helps you stay honest and keep to your diet. So these are (some of) the things I ate yesterday (Day 1 of FTLOCJSETM Diet):

Breakfast:

2 cups of black coffee (Calories: 0)

Lunch:

Chicken pocket from mix (Calories: 400, that's what it said on the packaging)
Coke Light (Calories: 1; carcinogenic properties: countless)

Dinner No. 1:

isang bandehadong kanin (I exaggerate: it was just one side order of white rice, but in HK, the portions for rice are enormous. In Manila the menu would read, "Good for two") (Calories: 10,867)
two scrambled eggs (Calories: 150, I'm guessing)
5 small pieces of bottled tuyo (Calories: not too many, I hope)
1 Tsing Tao beer

Dinner No. 2: (another cousin in town, "dragged" me to Pacific Place for free dinner)

one piece fancy dimsum
12 pieces tiny sauteed shrimp (I swear, they were tiny)
1 piece (small) meat filled bun
1 sweet (small) bun for dessert
2 (large) glasses of wine

Hmmm.... maybe I should start on December 1. Just so it's a clean start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, but just so you know... December 1 is FRIDAY. So you have one more diet-free day!

Inggit ako kina J, V at L.

Jona said...

We missed you while we feasted at Yum Kee then take home na Ben and Jerry's!

Friday... Hmmm... baka dapat Monday na lang.