Friday, November 03, 2006

Samalamig! Samalamig!

It's getting cold.

I've lived through one of New York's worst winters. I've spent Christmas in the middle of Ohio. You'd think a little Hong Kong chill wouldn't faze me. And it doesn't. Well, not really.

It's just that I don't have this mental image of Hong Kong being cold. It's crowded, dirty, full of bright lights, energy (and Chinese people), but it's never cold.

But it does get pretty chilly here. During the last two weeks of December, and for several weeks into the new year, temperatures are in the single digits. Centrigrade, but still. That's still colder than a really really cold day in Baguio. Forgive the parochial metaphor, like most Pinoys, when I think cold, I think Baguio.

I brought this biker jacket I used to wear in New York. It's really cool, but I haven't worn it in years because it's been too hot to wear anywhere.

I think at least 3 of the 5 people who read this blog will agree: the upshot of cold weather is that you can have a completely different wardrobe for a couple of months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totoo 'yan. Galit nga ako kasi dito, we went straight to winter without even passing through fall (it's snowing and the leaves are still green, for crap's sake). So I missed the very, very small window when I could wear my lovely leather jackets, be perfectly comfortable and look super cute. Fall fashions are the best. Now I'm stuck wearing puffy jackets.

Jona said...

Monster, I knew you'd leave a comment about fall fashion. I KNEW IT. :)

Dito naman, ang winter nila, fall pa rin, so masaya. More time for the lovely leather jackets, scarves, and my personal favorite: hats.