Monday, November 27, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas

Today I booked my flight to Manila to spend the holidays with the Parental Units. Another perk about living in HK is that you're only 90 minutes away from home. Even counting the time you wait at the airport, HK is still closer than Baguio.

Aside: The cost of going home at this time though is prohibitive. HK may be closer than Baguio, but a ticket home costs just about the same as a ticket to San Francisco. Business class, but still.

I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family. To attend nightly Christmas parties where you stuff yourself silly with with ham and relleno, drink too much and pretend you actually like your relatives or the people you work(ed) with.

I'm excited to see the lit parols along Granada, the unbelievably tacky Christmas display in Greenhills, the Christmas lights in Makati.

I want to go to midnight mass and smell the incense I am allergic to. (According to my sister I., this is proof positive that I am the Evil One.)

The ticket costs too much, I won't be staying that long, and I'll probably be spending half my time in traffic, but the energy during Christmas time in Manila is definitely worth the effort and the expense.

No comments: