Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ugly Children

Monster had a post a couple of days ago on a spanget (saksakan ng panget) baby she and Trog had the pleasure of sharing a train (or it could have been a bus) with up in Oslo. That post, and the various pictures of severly ugly children on my friends' sites on Friendster got me thinking: bakit dumadami ang panget na bata?

Seriously. Or is it just that my friends' children are really ugly? (Except C and K, of course. C and K are gorgeous children. And P does not count because he is a nephew and is a young Tom Cruise) Feel free to roam my Friendster site if you don't believe me.

When we were kids, we were cute. Well, I dunno about you but I was cute. I wasn't a Gerber baby or a model for a cherubin poster, no. But I was a sturdy sucker, had the apple hair cut and the mischievious grin. Kids now have adult hair cuts are really really thin. What's up with that? When did 4 four year olds start looking like adults? It's not just ugly, it's creepy.

I don't have kids, but I have dozens of nieces and nephews and a handful of godchildren, so I have had some exposure to children. And from my experience with children all I can say is that until they turn 23, there's really not much to talk about. What's your favorite color? Which Pokemon (now Thomas train) character is that? Who do you love more, Mommy or Daddy? All these questions get old really fast.

Kids are meant to be looked at. To be enjoyed visually. They should look healthy, coo (or when they're old enough, smile and laugh that silly laugh kids have). They are meant to symbolize health, growth, development and hapiness. I don't sense that with my friends' kids.

Now go look at those pictures and tell me I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mas nanaisin pa namin ni Trog ang anak na tanga, mabaho, mamamatay-tao... basta huwag lang pangit. Kung ki-yut ang anak namin, masaya na kami.