Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Mother of All Assholes

Let's get one thing straight first: I'm a lawyer; I AM an asshole. So if you're thinking of leaving a smart ass comment like, "It takes one to know one"; too bad. I've beaten you to it.

People have called me arrogant, mayabang, ma-angas, ma-hangin, and a couple of times: saksakan ng mayabang. No biggie. I know I come off strong sometimes; that's how I am. But speak to me for two minutes and you will realize: "Oo nga, ang yabang nito."

But last night. My God. I've met him. The most arrogant and self-centered man in the universe. Ang galing. (Like when you see a growth in a man's neck the size of a fist, "galing".) And I thought I was bad. This guy made me look like Anna Lisa or Flor de Luna, or one those really meek chick types.

I know it takes all kinds for the world to turn. Yada, yada, yada. But this individual should be put down.

But stop. Wait.

I could be this prick in a couple of years. The money, the lifestyle. You get sucked in and when they spit you out you're a soulless excuse for a person.

Thank God for mother asshole. Now I know what I don't want to be when I grow up.

No comments: