Sunday, October 15, 2006

Libreng Kape


I drink a lot of coffee. Which is why it was great that at my old firm, it was coffee all you can. They had Cafe Puro sponsored percolators on each floor. It was swill. But the human condition being what it is, I got used to the swill.

Now I work at a Wall Street firm and of course, they have coffee all you can as well. Kaya nga lang Starbucks. No kidding. They have a special machine they bought/leased from Starbucks and beans from Starbucks, and paper cups with the Starbucks logo, and the green swizzle sticks. All for free at the pantry.

Ang saya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Nix Lopez, 3rd yr student from Ateneo. We're making a paper on Cafe Puro for our marketing project, however Comfoods refused to share even the most basic information about their brand. As a result, we've taken to using the most informal channels of getting any kind of information about their marketing efforts.

So because of this, can you pleasepleaseplease shed light to this "free coffee" gimmick they had in your office? Like how long did it last, why did they do it, did people really start buying Cafe Puro? Any personal insights or info will help!

Jona said...

Nix,

I have a soft spot for anything remotely related to Ateneo. Email me at jplbautista@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Jona