Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Employee of the Month

I think I am the perfect employee.

No, not because of skill or talent or experience. I have none of that. (Ok, maybe a little.)

What I do have a lot though is time. Time to spend at my job.

In Hong Kong, I have no family, no friends and strictly speaking, no home. So I can work 100% of the time I am not asleep or attending to personal hygiene. Which in my time
Toil and Strife
is about 17-18 hours a day. (And which is how much I've clocked the last a couple of days.)

The perfect employee is someone who has no priorities other than work, and the only types who can do that are single people from out of town. This dawned on me while I was typing away at the office about half an hour ago. Employers can dramatically increase productivity and efficiency at the workplace by hiring only the unattached foreigners. This is an amazing discovery! I cannot wait to tout this theory to People Support or some other call center. I will make millions!

I will also tell them that they should hire people who don't need to sleep much and those who like coffee or caffeine laced drinks. And when they've finally found that insomniac foreigner with no love life, I'd tell them to ask her if she has control issues.

If she says yes, hire her. They've found a hardworking sucker they can bleed.

No comments: