Sunday, May 20, 2007

Same difference

At the Perm, if you work through the night, we call that "nag-overnight". At the Firm it's called "pulling an all nighter".

This week alone, I have pulled 3 all nighters.

Do the math and that is one every other day. So if I worked through Monday night into Tuesday morning, I worked again through the night Wednesday, through Thursday. And then again Friday night through to Saturday morning.

When this happens, days gel. I cannot remember when one ends and the other begins. There is only one day. Just one really long one and it gets dark for a bit now and then. I really can't tell. My back is to the window.

Days gel and your mind turns to mush. You see, I am in the business of details. Commas need to be where they should be. Numbering and bullets formatted properly (indent here, tab there). All these small details need to be processed at 4am. Uniformly throughout 5 documents.

Another day (or maybe it was 4), another dollar.

No comments: