Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day

Well that was quick.

The first quarter of the year raced past me. And if that weren't enough, April came and went in a blink of an eye.

It wasn't usually like this. Time passing so rapidly. There were times I was actually bored before. I remember those times. The general impatience (now my impatience is directed at specific events and people) the "are we there yet?" attitude. Ah, to be 9 again.

But now, time is literally flying and I'm getting scared. There's the whole mortality issue (which we'll get to another time) and there's just the whole "getting older" issue. I'm not as fast as I used to be. I can't lift things like before. Stay up all night and feel nothing the next day. Ah, to be 17 again.

It's strange and exciting to be so conscious of these things now. Time used to just pass unnoticed. Now I watch every move it makes. Ah, to be 32.

No comments: