Saturday, May 26, 2007

Namamahay

"Namamahay" not only means to live in a certain place (i.e. aliping namamahay) but it also means to get settled. To get accustomed to your surroundings. To warm up to your new place.

I am currently in the throes of pagmamahay. I didn't think it would take this long (this is week 3 already) but I'm still getting used to my new apartment. I thought I psychologically prepped myself about moving out (I am truly convinced that the fabulous apartment was an unreal and inherently temporary arrangement) and found this new place 6 weeks ahead of my lease running out. But I'm still adjusting.

And my new apartment is great -- it's smaller but not too small. It's serviced too (just not daily), in a great location (it's literally down the street from the last one). It's just that it's not my old apartment, where I have the best memories.

I know one thing for sure though, I don't want to move again. I'm staying put for a while over here.

No comments: