Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Zashikibuta's younger sister

R. and A., remember her? She was a year or two younger than us in high school, but had attitude because her older sister was Zashi. Pareho silang F.P.M.B. Feeling pretty mukhang biik.

(Forgive me. But they were mean to me then.)

Anyway, I saw her. Zashi's sister. In the airport. It was like a denouement of a teen movie. Former awkward kid with zits and curly hair (that's me) meets high school enemy 20 years later.

Awkward kid now in power suit, with sexy cellphone in hand. Three inch heels and a computer bag that costs more than high school enemy's silly Cebu Pacific ticket to HK. I travel Cathay. The business class boarding pass sticking out of my coat pocket. Some things don't change. I'm still awkward.

She was travelling with a child and some man I guessed is her husband. I was on the phone the whole time. Complaining about the long line at immigration. She saw me. I saw her. We both did not say hello.

She must've thought I was still the obnoxious kid I once was.

I thought she was the complete loser she always was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have 3 inch high heels?
You know how to walk in these heels?!
I'm *SO* proud of you!