Friday, March 23, 2007

An Open Letter to HK Women

1. Please stop curling or coloring your hair.

You have such beautiful, shiny and straight black hair. Thousands of animals have died so that scientists can create products that replicate Asian hair. I have personally spent a small forture trying to keep my hair straight. You on the other hand, persist on curling your hair (and not all the way through, mind you, only from the nape down). Please stop.

And what's with this desire to be blond? Well, no, I understand this. I too want to be blond. But blond while being Caucasian and at least 5"10 (with Nordic features). I don't want to be me with blond hair. That would look funny. Hint. Hint.

2. Please stop wearing boots.

Exposed boots are not flattering on women with short legs. And I'm sorry, we're all short. Anything under 5"8 (and a 115 lbs) is too short for the whole boots tucked into pants look or boots with skirt look.

3. The 80's are not back.

Please stop wearing the over sized purple sweaters with wide belt hanging loosely from the hips. This look went out with Irene Cara. And even she did not wear boots with this outfit.

4. Please stop being thin.

Ok, I admit, this is a personal peeve. How can you guys stay so skinny? The food's so good here!

No comments: