Monday, March 05, 2007

Vista is a dumb blonde

I bought a laptop today. It came with Window's Vista.

I bought the laptop based entirely on looks and weight, much like how a man would choose a wife. Good looking and slim. The hardware rocks (you can't blame men who fall for pretty girls.)

But like most beautiful women, the inside is... well... lacking.

Vista is sexy. Windows collapse into a 3D model. It makes cooing noises. Everything is sleek, with rounded edges.

It's about as slow and inefficient as a child reading a TV manual. "To set the clock, turn to page 24. 24.... wait.... page 24 is in Chinese... MOM!!!"

Vista takes forever to turn on, another eternity to turn off. It thinks I like Yahoo! messenger so much it keeps it on top of all my applications even after I log off. Vista is about as smart as a box of hair.

But it coos.

And it's so pretty.

And edges are rounded.

I'm in love with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

toldja, sweetie, shoulda gone with the mac. beautiful, functional, and runs like a dream right out of the box. some things *do* have it all.