Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's March na

God, that was fast.

Before you could say, "Oh my God, it's March na", it's March na.

It's been two months since New Year's. I know, that sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but bear with me. I'm sure it hasn't "felt" like two months.

It's March na. We're looking towards "graduation specials" and "summer fun" promos all over Manila.

Shoemart will be selling all kinds of ugly Hawaiian shirts and flip-flops that break while you're at the beach. Since it's Lent the wannabe Catholics (ie everyone in Manila) will stay away from meat on Fridays while bribing traffic cops and cheating on their taxes the rest of the week.

(Aside: I love how the guys who abstain on Fridays TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW that they're abstaining. Like it's something really hard to do. A "real" sacrifice. Sobra, grabe, I'm so impressed.)

The weather will be really hot and really dry. Sunlight will come down like flames from a blow torch. The air will be still.

It's March na.

No comments: