Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Sort of Writer's Block

Have you ever felt the urge to write?

To put pen to paper or more accurately now, fingertips to keypad. To narrate or observe. To critique. To express a point of view, publish findings. To say something out loud.

And then nothing.

You can't think of anything to say.

You have this impulse to be creative or just to declare your prevailing thoughts, and yet when the time comes to write, you realize you actually don't have any prevailing thoughts. Or at least those worth blogging about.

"Ok, I'm going to blog today. Super blogging. Three posts. I can feel it."

[Hmmm... la di da... nothing. I sit for about 15 minutes checking my Friendster page on another window.]

"Any minute now. The thoughts are just going to cascade down, my hands will have a mind of their own as I type away the funniest of anecdotes."

[Hmmmm, that's funny, I think there's a pebble in my shoe.]

"Ok, pebble gone. There's nothing between me and a killer post. Go, Jona. You can do it."

[....]

[.......]

[.]

"I wonder what I'm going to have for dinner. Maybe I should make a quick stop to Wellcome."

No comments: