Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pho Ever

I go through food fixations.

I will eat the same thing for days, sometimes weeks until I am tired of it. Until I have saturated that 1mm square spot on my tounge (or brain) so much that I will not eat that food for a long time. (I usually come around and eat it again after a couple of months though.)

I have gone through fixations involving shawarma, pork ribs sinigang, pan fried steak, tenderloin tips, hot and sour soup, salmon sashimi, tempura. There really is no logic to how I pick my "flavor of the month". I happen to eat something and then BANG! I just need to have it again and again.

Right now I am obsessing over raw beef pho from this rinky dink Vietnamese place near my office building. I've been running on Pho for two days now and I can't seem to get enough of it. The broth is boiling hot (it's supposed to cook the beef) and I burn my mouth each time. But it's so good I can't wait. Then there's the herby aftertaste that coats your burning mouth.

Ang sarap. At ang mura. A huge bowl costs about P120.

No comments: