Monday, February 26, 2007

24, 26, 28, 32

I'm chatting with S. in a separate window. We are talking about different ages of our lives and which ones we like best.

24 - The year I graduated from law school. This is the year I took the bar. A gruelling experience, one I would not wish on anyone. It was also the year I joined the Perm. This was good year, lots of accomplishments. Ticked off a lot of items on my To Do List.

26 - Starting year 3 at the Perm. We were all finding our legs as lawyers. Figuring out what kind of practice we wanted to get into. It was around this time I decided I wanted to go into corporate finance/capital markets stuff (absolutely no litigation). This was the time I was constantly hanging out with Chum. Ate at lots of good restaurants, saw a lot of good (and atrocious) Philippine art. Took a lot of trips. This was a good year, I had fun.

28 - I just graduated from my masters course. This is the year I took the NY bar. Went around the central U.S. in a friend's beat up Range Rover. This was a good year, I wasn't working.

30 - Back at The Perm. Co-led the team that would work on the largest IPO in Philippine history (transaction completed in 3 months). Got promoted to Senior Ass, taught law on the side. This was a good year, I was throughly engaged in work.

32 (Present Day) - sitting in my apartment in HK, sipping a Stella, chatting with S. and blogging simultaneously. This is a good year, and it's only February.

No comments: