Friday, February 16, 2007

Parental visit

"Use the big towels. And when you're done with them, drop them on the floor."

My mother could not seem to understand these instructions. She stood in front of my wide white bathroom and observed the towels. She went for a small hand towel instead, and after she was done using it, folded it and put it away.

My parents are in town for the weekend and they're staying with me.

They are unimpressed with the flat. Well, no. They are very impressed, but they think I pay a ridiculous amount of money on rent. Well, yes.

This should be an interesting week. I say that without sarcasm. In 5 months I've pretty much been on my own. This is the first time I'm having people over. Joe does not count. He was here for two days and I made him use the shower outside.

I have these exciting trips planned out (Macau!). But I think knowing the parental units, they'd rather raid the Watson's across the street.

No comments: