Thursday, July 27, 2006

Making Turns

Earlier this evening I was making a tight left turn from Shaw to Nueve de Pebrero. There were two lanes turning left and I was in the inner lane. As I made the turn I had to be mindful of the stationary cars to my left who were waiting to cross Shaw from Nueve de Pebrero and be conscious of the cars to my right who were making the turn with me.

So imagine me negotiating the turn when this idiot sedan (I say that scoffingly since I drive an SUV) tried to creep in on my left, making a sandwhich out of me and the cars making turns on my right.

Needless to say I did not make the sucker pass. As I completed the turn I said outloud to myself: "The only thing I hate more than turning is parking."

I made this statement sit for a while and then I thought, "Hmmm.... that's not entirely accurate. I hate backing up too." (Yes, I think in complete sentences.) It was at this time I added inclines to my list of least favorite driving maneuvers.

Let's see now. I have turns, parking, going in reverse and inclines.

Apparently, the only kind of driving I like is the straight and flat kind.

No comments: