Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Unpretty

This isn't pick on Chinese people week, but I just realized something today (that's been actually bugging me for some time now): Chinese people (in HK) are generally unattractive. Girls are generally not pretty, guys are not cute.

Ok, before you rush to a conclusion about me and my narrow-mindedness, hear me out.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I've asked myself why do I consider Chinese people in HK to be physically unattractive, when if you judge them by parts, they are superior:


    1. Hair: straight and shiny.

    2. Skin: white and smooth like porcelain. Acne or blemishes not the norm.

    3. Height: typical Asian.

    4. Build: slighter than Pinoys (which for women is great, makes them appear taller/slimmer)

    5. Teeth: very healthy

    6. Nose: straight and narrow

    7. Legs and arms: skinny (again, great for the gals)

    8. Fashion sense: in Central, where I work, very sophisticated.



If you put all these things together, you'd think you'd get a great looking person. Think again. The average sales lady in Shoemart beats the daylights out of the average shop girl in Wing On.

And I don't think that this generalization of mine is based on personal preference or "type" thing either. I think the Chinese actresses are gorgeous, the Chinese leading men to swoon over. But the regular person on the street, unpretty.

    No comments: