Monday, September 11, 2006

My First Day of Work

As with most things in life, my first day of work at The Firm was not as remarkable as I thought it would be. I came in too early, sat through 6 hours of orientation, met a lot of new people, set-up my e-mail account, made a couple of calls and then went home.

To celebrate, I went to this hole in the wall and ordered myself half a roast duck. It was superb, but I had three pieces then was too suya to eat anymore. Been drinking hot water since 8 to melt away all that fatty goodness.

A few things worth noting: I have a kick ass view of The Peak and a fruit basket the size of a mini cooper parked on my desk. I guess I'm having fruit for lunch for the rest of the week. I also have my name on the door. There's something about that whole name-on-the-door business. Makes you feel important, like your occupancy of that space is worth printing a metal nameplate for.

On the train ride back to the serviced apartment I call home I looked at the other weary travellers and thought,

"Man, that guy in the blue shirt is cute."

No comments: