Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize

(Transcript of video call with the parental units)

Mother: Your skin looks dry, you should moisturize. (And begins reciting a litany of creams she has used in the past)
J: Yes, Mom.
Mother: I'm serious, you should start while you're young.
J: Yes, Mom.
Mother: You're patronizing me.
J: Yes, Mom.
Mother: You're not young anymore, you know.

Later that day...

J: My mother just told me I'm getting old and that I should moisturize.
C: [stares at my face] She's right. You should.
J: Thanks for the support.
C: Body Shop seaweed gel. It's the anti-cream cream. It doesn't feel like a cream. It's not oil based so it's not sticky. It's actually more like a gel. Your face feels cool afterwards.
J: You sound like a Body Shop ad.
C: It works. You should try it.

[Note: C looks about 10 years younger than she really is, so I did buy (and now use) the anti-cream cream. Mother will be pleased.]

No comments: