Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Confession

When I stay at a hotel, I steal those little bottles of shampoo and hand lotion. I steal the slippers too.

I realize it's not actually stealing. The Firm has paid a ridiculous amount of money for the room, but when I take the plastic bottles from the bathroom and slip them into the shoe bag (also stolen) I feel like a kid swiping an eraser from the school stationery.

(Not that I know how that feels. I just heard that it's at once exhilarating, exciting and you get an incredible release when you know that you've gotten away with it. Well, I just heard that. From a friend. Really.)

And so everyday after a long day at the office, while no one is watching, I take my new shoe bag and fill it in with my newly replenished suite of hair and body products. I stash it in my travel case and hope housekeeping won't catch me.

No comments: