Thursday, January 10, 2008

Btw...

.....making that table for my birthday post was a killer. Apparently some glitch in the Blogger software that interprets "enter" strokes literally as line breaks. So the first time I published the post, there was this huge space between the table and the introductory text. Bad trip.

Anyway... I don't know how HTML works, I just know how it looks and now my J.C. vs. J.B. table looks fine, but not after an hour of work and fooling with the HTML codes. I didn't know about this "glitch" so I kept on tweaking with the code, thinking I could make the empty space go away. But of course it wouldn't and I just kept messing up the table code itself. And when I finally found out about the glitch, my table code was so messed up I practically had to do it over again.

Lesson learned -- go look for Blogger-specific fixes first, before you venture out into the unknown world of HTML codes.

No comments: