Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Google Chrome rocks

I've started using Google's new Internet browser, Chrome.  It's wonderful -- rendering is clear, layout intuitive and super hyper fast.  Some small things still don't work (like some pop-ups on Facebook) and my office's remote access still needs to get configured on it.  There is no automatic spellcheck feature that I love (my Mother will say that I *need*) but otherwise, it is a great great start for Google.

Chrome will definitely out perform Explorer which is just too "heavy" and clunky and s   l   o   w.   Firefox is great (and it's the browser I usually use) but Chrome has some novelty and is fun to try. Actually with Chrome's layout and overall design, you'd think Google hired a disgruntled Firefox engineer to build Chrome.  

If you have a 2 minutes to download Chrome, I suggest you do.  I'm not sure if it will "change the way we surf" the way Gmail changed email, but it's pretty darned good.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, google chrome rocks! it's my new favorite thing and i've been largely unproductive for the past 2 weeks.

on another note, my pusod is slowly getting inverted (from concave to convex) due to expansion of belly. it is very disturbing. that very large insane bautista portion within each of us is becoming activated...

Kuz

Jona said...

Kuz,

Am home this weekend. Let us coffee or some wildly expensive bad tasting drink.

Kuz