Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Misleading rates

Don't get me wrong -- despite Cebu Pacific's misleading rates, I am still a fan of Gokongwei's budget airline.

On my last trip, both my outgoing and incoming flights were on time. My flight to HK was actually early.

What's lousy though is what I think are misleading promotions. CP claims they have a seat sale. And while the cost of the ticket is in fact cheap -- Php3,000 two-way from Manila to HK for any weekend in November, the "taxes and surcharges" component of their fees have increased significantly. I ticket advertised at Php3,000 will actually cost you nearer Php9,000. (That's 200% more than what CP claims the ticket costs.)

Now Php9,000 is still reasonable, and I think CP is doing a great job. So why don't they just say what the real price of the ticket is, instead of getting our hopes up with bogus adverts.

No comments: