Saturday, April 05, 2008

The universal vegetable, or maybe not

So last night C and I were having dinner at this yakitori place at Noho (which is technically west of Soho, not north of Soho, but Woho is not as catchy, but I digress). And while we were enjoying some grilled eggplant (aubergine, talong... call it what you wish), I shared with C my "universal vegetable" theory.

Essentially I think (or more precisely until last night, thought) that eggplant was *the* universal vegetable. Everyone eats eggplant. Europeans, Asians, Africans, North and South Americans, South Asians. Everyone. It is unique in that it is consumed in great quantities in all parts of the world.

In the middle of chewing a piece of eggplant, C says, "Yes, like potatoes."

And so goes my universal vegetable theory.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

J, eggplants suck. I haven't (knowingly0 eaten "aubergines" in years. Tsismis?

Jona said...

Hello, PEV!

Sobra kong paborito ang talong!!!! (No pun intended)

Wala naman. Life goes on in HK. Have had lunch with CVU a couple of times. She's adjusting well.

When are you bringing Luis to HK Disneyland?