Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pambahay*

I am a believer in pambahay. That second set of clothes you own that you wear only at home. I'm referring to those ratty shorts (with the stitching coming apart), college t-shirts that look they've been attacked by cloth eating moths. Bras with no elasticity. Slippers whose soles trace the outline of your feet.

When I get home every night, I'm out of the monkey suit and into pambahay in about 7 seconds. I'm not sure it is the comfort of ratty clothing or the discomfort of work clothes that gets me changed so fast.

And don't you love how regular clothes grow into house clothes? How once brand new clothing gets used and re-used so many times the colors fade and stitching comes apart and then they are no longer fit for public use. But you can't throw them away since they fit so wonderfully.

------------------
*House clothes

No comments: