Thursday, August 30, 2007

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night...

I don't understand how professional athletes can wear jewelry while they compete. I really don't.

When I was younger, I was very much into sports. Basketball (pretty good at), volleyball (sucked at), table tennis (kick ass), badminton (pwede na), bowling (I think any sport that is enjoyed with draft beer and nachos is the greatest thing on earth).

And when I would get on the court, or the lane, or approach the table, I would always make sure I put my jewelry away. First because there's a big chance that you'll lose that necklace while you're running around and also, jewelry is highly annoying when you're engaging in athletic activity. The necklace bounces around, your hair gets caught in the chain or your earrings, you can't grip the racket well if you wear rings.

So please, someone explain to me why/how these players do it?





No comments: