Friday, August 17, 2007

Adobo on my mind

There is nothing like good, greasy, three day old adobo. The kind that has partially disintigrated due to the heating and re-heating of the last few days.

Since I grew up in a Visayan household, I prefer my adobo "light". As in literally light colored. Not too much soy sauce, heavy on the suka and the patis.

I remember a long time ago, R. and G. (not married yet), C. and I went up to Baguio for a few days and stayed in K.'s house. I had asked my mom to prepare a half a gallon (And I mean literally half a gallon -- we'd use an empty ice cream tub as a container) of adobo we'd survive on for the trip.

By day 3, it was the greatest thing on earth.

The strange things you remember on a cold rainy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a kind of adobo that's aromatic and rich as if it had been stewed in sort of white wine.
Not vinegary, or salty. And adobo also tastes so different when it's chicken and not pork.