Sunday, August 05, 2007

Kaaaaanin

I love rice. I really do. Newly steamed rice, fried rice, garlic rice, pusit rice (Dad, remember the pusit rice?!), aligue rice. Basta may kanin.

When I was 8 we travelled to the States and my mother was worried about me eating because I made this declaration (as one is prone to do when one is 8) that I needed to have rice with every meal. Good thing we stayed with relatives throughout most of the trip so there was rice!

Now we know that carbs are evil and should be avoided. But I still cannot get enough rice. And the rice in Hong Kong... amazing. Ang sarap kumain! The stuff always smells heavenly. Everywhere you go the rice is really white and really soft, but never wet or gooey.

Hay, kanin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nakakainggit. Have yet to find masarap na kanin. Kahit ang bigas na nabibili sa Asian store, hindi masarap. Wawa MoJo.