Thursday, January 08, 2009

The obligatory birthday and year in review post


I have tried to write out this post since the end of the year and until today have made little progress (as my regular readers know, the dates of my posts have but little relation to reality). Every day since the start of the new year, I sit at my desk and think, "What should I write about 2008? What fun and exciting things have happened?"

Lots of things happened -- I got to travel, I met new people, I reconnected with old friends. But I can't really draw up a list of accomplishments or name the "Top Ten Things that Happened to Me in 2008". All I know is that I was very happy in 2008. I don't mean to be inarticulate, but those two words sum up how I feel about my 33rd year -- it was a year I was very happy.

I don't mean to tempt the gods, the Evil Eye or as we say in Tagalog pwera usog, but my family and I were blessed with such good fortune in 2008, I wish only the same amount of luck or grace for 2009.

No comments: