Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vidal Saloon

While I was drowning in paper at the office, TFBF SMQ reminded me of an unforgettable typo in a fellow classmate's resume we read ages ago. This woman claimed to have managed a "saloon", when clearly, from a description of her work, she meant "salon".

SMQ then proclaimed she was having a Tuesday Saloon Day, which involved intense pampering at one saloon. Waxing, mani/ped, a haircut, coloring. The things all women dream about. I know I have been dreaming about a saloon day. I haven't been home in six weeks and I intend to spend 6 of the 48 hours I will be in Manila in at least two saloons.

In the time I've spent in HK I have not once stepped inside a saloon. I refuse to put myself in the hands of someone carrying a pair of scissors when I can't communicate with said someone. I have a feeling my hand gestures won't work.

No comments: