Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not showing

A couple of weeks ago, C and I caught The Mummy 3. It was good mindless fun. I was surprised by the quality of the special effects. I thought it was flawless. After the movie I was gushing about how the special effects were amazing and C responded in a blase tone, "You haven't seen an action movie in a while, have you?"

And she was right.

Of the recent action hits, I haven't seen Spiderman 3, Chris Nolan's Batman movies, the new Hulk, none of the Hellboys. I skipped the first two Mummy movies. I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones movie. I also passed on Will Smith's I Robot, I am Legend, and Hancock. Same with Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds.

And if we go futher than that, I should tell you that I have never seen a single Rambo, Rocky or any of the Jaws.

No comments: