Saturday, February 23, 2008

White shoes, white pants

This weekend I donned white shoes and white pants. No, I didn't wear them together. I was not channeling Tony Ferrer's Agent X-44, even though he is super cool in my book.

I wore them on two separate occasions. The white pants were for a boat trip I took on a client's massive yacht. I bought those Banana Rep white pants in 2003 (in NY!) and never wore them. I mean, apart from boat trips and unless you're a health care provider, when is it appropriate to wear white pants? I took them to HK though, thinking I may get invited to barbecue on the beach. No luck on the barbecue, but I did get this invite to get on a 139 foot yacht.

The yacht was spectacular, but I got seasick towards the end, so it wasn't a "spectacular" experience for me. The lunch at the yacht club was good though.

The white shoes are what A and C call "trainers". The rest of the world calls them rubber shoes. I don't usually wear rubber shoes unless I am engaged in a sport or other form of athletics. When I'm not working, I wear loafers. Last count I had almost a dozen pairs. But then I thought, "Oh sod it, everyone wears them, and they're comfortable, so why not...." ("Sod it...." that's another thing A and C say.)

As you will note this blog has been quiet. And if all I can say after a month and a half is that I wore white trousers over a weekend, things must be slow and steady in HK.

And they are.

No comments: