Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jona's Ten Worst Romantic Comedies*

*No paticular order. These movies are foul. Stay away!!
  1. America's Sweethearts
  2. Laws of Attraction
  3. Catch and Release
  4. Family Stone
  5. Along Came Polly (so bad I could not start it)
  6. Monster in Law (so bad I could not finish it)
  7. Rumor Has It
  8. Shall We Dance (not really a romantic comedy, but this one should go on any "Worst List")
  9. There's Something (really bad) About Mary (actual title)
  10. Jerry McGuire (my all time, hands down, most hatest movie ever -- am I getting the point across?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only really weird one was Laws of Attraction. I really liked Shall we Dance, but then again, I also liked Take the Lead and Honey.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was Along Came Polly's saving grace. Monster in Law was Jane Fonda and Wanda's show, hands down.

Jerry McGuire was bad because Tom Cruise led it. His couch jumping energy is in the movie, the sort that makes you think that if he ever shook you, it's because you're really nuts, or he's really nuts.

wim

Jona said...

You liked Shall we Dance?! No way. Seriously? That's on the same level as me not liking veal!

(Ok, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean.)

Although, yes, I do agree with your take on Philip Seymour Hoffman. That film actually had a great supporting cast. I really just can't take Ben Stiller. (Though you know that already)

Anonymous said...

America's Sweethearts - a waste of John Cusack's talents. (In that connection -- "Say Anything" is not among your favorites? Like Jerry Maguire, it's by Cameron Crowe but I think it's a much better movie.)

- N.

Jona said...

Yes, I loved Say Anything (since I love John Cusack), but that film goes into the general 80's/John Hughs/Brat Back genre (rather than the romantic comedies we know from the 90's).